Service Leadership Programs
Kiwanis Service Leadership Programs
- The largest and oldest youth service clubs in the world
- 341,000 members worldwide
- Key Club is a student-led, high school organization. Our members make the world a better place through service. In doing so, we grow as individuals and as leaders by answering the call to lead, summoning the courage to engage and developing the heart to serve.
- The Kiwanis Club of Gainesville currently sponsors these clubs:
- Cherokee Bluff High School
- Chestatee High School
- Flowery Branch High School
- Gainesville High School
- North Hall High School
Key Leader teaches service leadership and social-emotional skills essential for students to become values-driven leaders. Based on Robert Greenleaf's "servant leadership" model, and delivered to more than 33,000 students around the world since 2005, Key Leader is an essential program to break down the isolation students face in the era of smartphones.
THE KEY LEADER CURRICULUM EMPHASIZES:
Pursuit of Excellence
- The premier collegiate and university community service, leadership development, and friendship organization in the world.
- The Kiwanis Club of Gainesville currently sponsors the University of North Georgia Club on the Gainesville Campus (Chartered in Fall 2019)
- Program for adults living with disabilities.
- Terrific Kids is a student-recognition program that promotes character development, self-esteem and perseverance.
“Terrific” is an acronym for Thoughtful, Enthusiastic, Respectful, Responsible, Inclusive, Friendly, Inquisitive and Capable.
- Kiwanis Ninos Destacados: un programa de formación del carácter
- A community service club.
- An academic achievement program.
- The largest service organization for middle school students (ages 12 to 14), and is student led